Munich - (MunichNOW News) -- The well-known landmark Hugendubel store on Marienplatz will remain in its prime location but will undergo a complete renovation the bookstore firm revealed in a surprise announcement last week.
The current space will house both the Telekom retail and office space as previously announced, but in a much smaller space. Originally Telekon was to have taken the entire retail space of more than 3,600 square meters, but will now occupy on 1,200 square meters on the ground floor, with access from Marienplatz.
The venerable book store will now be entered from the Alter Peter side of the building, with retail space on the first and second floors. Nina Hugendubel, managing partner of the company, said: "We are proud and very happy." Her brother Maximilian Hugendubel spoke of an "ideal solution" and stressed: Old and new - books "It's a commitment to books and to the stationary store business."
The renovations will begin in the spring of 2016.
Architect rendering of the new Hugendubel / Telekom location on Marienplatz
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS
There Is Still Time For May Day CelebrationsNext >
- Good News! Hugendubel to Remain at Marienplatz (News) 4 May 2015
- A Letter From France: “Not In My Name” by Kim Terrell (News) 26 Feb 2015
- Asparagus Season Celebrates Germanness (Life) 6 May 2015
- Christmas Winter Market Opens at the Munich Airport (News) 27 Nov 2014
- Controversy Erupts Over Holocaust Street Plaques (News) 10 Dec 2014