MUNICH -(MunichNOW Life)- On a very cold and grey day we happened along the entrance to Munich‘s Riemer See, a small man-made lake behind the Riem Arcaden shopping mall. The large and well-maintained recreation area serves the east side of the city, and in particular, the explosive growth in local apartments.
1. The Deserted Path to the See
2. Warning! The ice is not safe! Keep out!
No Sleds No Curling No Skating!
3. The Very Clear Ice of the Riemer See
4. Empty in Winter - Crowded in Summer
5. No Refreshments in February
6. The Climb Up to the Viewing Spot and Sledding Hill
7. Looking Back Over the Riem Fairgrounds, Site of the Old Munich Airport
9. A View Back Up to the Top
10. Soccer Practice at the Neighboring Middle School at -2C!
11. If you go:
There is free parking right off De Gasperi Bogen, the road that runs past the backside of the fairground - and in front of the Riem Arcaden. There are lots of good walking paths and the short hike to Viewing Point is rewarded with a very pleasant view.