MUNICH (MunichNOW News) — We do have quite a number of readers and followers in the States and in light of all that has gone on the past 48 hours, we thought we would reproduce portions of the piece that appeared this afternoon in the Huffington Post. Though the suggestions are US-centric, the concepts certainly apply everywhere.
If the thought of President Trump in the Oval Office has you contemplating a move to Canada, think again. There are other, more healthful things for you to do than give up.
Here are a few positive things you can do right now:
There are plenty of organizations out there that simply need your time.
- Combat racism with Showing Up For Racial Justice
- Help your community with AmeriCorps
- End police violence at Campaign Zero
- Support your Muslim family and friends at the Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Be a part of your next local election as a poll worker and encourage voters to come out
- Join an organization that helps immigrants and new Americans.
Practice Self Care
It’s easy to forget that taking care of yourself is just as important as going out and doing something. If you find yourself in need of someone to talk to or having suicidal thoughts, reach out to the following:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Trans Lifeline: (877) -565-8860
- Trevor Project: (866)-488-7386
- Planned Parenthood: Give women the opportunities for proper healthcare, education, and activism.
- The Future Project: Help the young people of America fulfill their potential.
- RAINN: Assist the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network in combatting sexual violence, aiding victims, and ensuring that perpetrators are caught.
- ACLU: Uphold the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to all by the Constitution and the laws of the United States.
We’re in uncharted territory, friends. Let’s be good to one another.